The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs promotes the Netherlands’ position as a leading economy with a world-class agri-food sector.
Economic activity and innovation are essential to the prosperity of the Netherlands. The Ministry enhances the country’s long-term competitive strength and facilitates the private sector, which drives the economy. The Ministry takes an expansive view in its approach to economic issues, looking to the environment, the private sector, consumers and beyond national borders.
The Ministry stands for:
- A competitive business climate. Through for example fewer and better rules, and fiscal policy that is favourable for business.
- Policy focussed on innovation and entrepreneurship, so businesses are supported in those areas where it is really necessary. The Ministry acts as the central access point for government information and services in the area of innovation, export and financing. Additional attention is devoted to creating favourable conditions for key areas such as chemicals, water and energy.
- A world-class agrifood sector, that can be further strengthened through investment in innovation and sustainability.
- Support for Dutch business abroad. Through economic diplomacy, for example, and assistance from embassies and consulates.
- Clean, reliable energy. Clean energy is not only essential, it is also a prime export product.
- Business practices that takes nature and animal welfare into account. This creates a balance between economy and ecology.
Contact: Marcel Vernooij
For more information please visit our website.